[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and Virus'

Bryce Rogers brycer at bps.k12.ar.us
Mon Mar 29 21:41:04 EST 2004

I have justed installed Mimedefang 2.39 and Clamav on a RedHat 9 server.
My problem is the server is not logging when a virus has been detected.
Right now it will just delete the email and not logged it anywhere.
I have checked my "mimedefang-filter" in the /etc/mail directory and I
have logging enabled.

md_graphdefang_log_enable('mail', 1);

   # Virus scan
    if ($FoundVirus) {
        my($code, $category, $action);
        $VirusScannerMessages = "";
        ($code, $category, $action) = entity_contains_virus($entity);
      # If you are more paranoid, change to: if ($action eq "quarantine") {
        if ($category eq "virus") {
            md_graphdefang('virus',$VirusName, $RelayAddr);

Everything is being logged except when I recieve a virus and I would like
to keep a log of when a virus is detected and removed for my records
incase any questions arise about someone waiting for an email.

Bryce