[Mimedefang] Slaves dying shortly after startup

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Mon Mar 29 13:24:33 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 05:07:24PM +0800, cc wrote:
> Graham Dunn sighed and wrote::
>
> > This started happening this afternoon, after I changed
> > mimedefang-filter. When the slaves started dying, I reverted my changes,
> > and restarted, but the problem persisted. I've tried running with the
> > stock suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients filter, same problem.
>
> Usually, this means that there's still a change in the mimedefang-filter
> that was missing.  The usual reason that I get this major hiccup is
> because of some syntactical error (missing semicolon, etc..)

I've taken a known good mimedefang-filter from another machine and the
same symptoms occur.

I truss'd the process and it seemed to occur after the spamassassin
rules were being looked at. I pared down the number of third-party lists
I was using (most notably the blacklist-uri series), and now things
seem to be better.

Thanks,
Graham