[Mimedefang] Getting "Error from multiplexor: ERR No response from slave"

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Sat Mar 27 21:40:08 EST 2004

Do all these rules have pretty much the same value?
Can they be combined into single rules that match on multiple strings?
Just quadruple your timeouts and see if it can handle all those rules.

Cormack, Ken said:
> Group,
>
> I am looking to see if I can replicate the content-filtering functionality
> of eManager, which we currently use on our internal Exchange servers, via
> custom SpamAssassin rules.
>
> Porting the "forbidden strings" from eManager into SA "rawbody" rules, I
> have thus added 7100 new rules to SpamAssassin.  Having SUCH a HUGE >number
<snip, causes timeout errors>

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering