[Mimedefang] tmpfs queue directories

Justin listuser at numbnuts.net
Sat Mar 27 17:29:29 EST 2004

I of course thought of another point to ask about after I sent my first
message. :)  Is it considered acceptable to only perform AV checks on
messages smaller than a certain threshold?  We only scan for spam on
messages smaller than 100KB.  What are the odds of an email virus being
found in a 15MB attachment?  I know that a 15MB Word document could very
well have a macro virus.  I'm wondering if it would still be worthwhile to
only scan attachments under, say, 500KB for viruses.  Would that be a good
idea?  That would certainly lower my ram disk requirements.

Justin