[Mimedefang] MD 2.41 - group access to directories bug?

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 27 13:56:08 EST 2004

The system umask is 022.  I've explicitly set it to 022 in the startup
script and I get the same result:

/mdefang-i2RIlSE3019581:
total 12
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 18:47 .
drwxr-x---  4 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 18:47 ..
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull  373 Mar 27 18:47 COMMANDS
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull  311 Mar 27 18:47 HEADERS
-rw-r-----  2 mailnull  mailnull  322 Mar 27 18:47 INPUTMSG
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull    0 Mar 27 18:47 RESULTS
drwx------  2 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 18:47 Work

/mdefang-i2RIlSE3019581/Work:
total 8
drwx------  2 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 18:47 .
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 18:47 ..
-rw-r-----  2 mailnull  mailnull  322 Mar 27 18:47 INPUTMSG
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull    7 Mar 27 18:47 msg-19471-2.txt

The problem entries are for RESULTS, Work and msg-<blah>.txt.  Those are
the only 3 that don't have group access.  Explicitly doing a chmod 750
for Work solves the problem.

I'd expect if it was a pure umask issue that nothing would have group
access.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?