[Mimedefang] headers not showing up on quarantine messages

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Mar 26 14:59:36 EST 2004

On 25 Mar 2004 at 20:24, Lucas Albers wrote:

> Could you please add some 1 line documentation on how to use your program
> mdq2saldir.pl?

Sure.

mdq2saldir.pl [quarantinedir]

The parameter is optional, if left off the default is to assume
you're running it from the quarantine directory.

> I'm afraid of wiping some of my quarantine directory or copying over my file.
> I'm super super paranoid of understanding all of the consequences of doing
> ANYTHING on this mail relay machine.

Nothing is deleted or overwritten.  The program creates a
subdirectory called "sa-learn" if it doesn't already exist, and then
parses your quarantine directory, generating "complete" mail messages
in sa-learn from the pieces in each qdir-* directory.  The filenames
are based on the qdir name, and if a specific filename already exists
it won't copy over it.

My usual means of using it is to su to the defang user, call the
script from inside the spam quarantine directory and then feed the
resulting messages to sa-learn and razor-report.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.