[Mimedefang] SMTP Pipelining, and GREYLISTING

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Mar 25 19:35:16 EST 2004

For those who had to read about SMTP PIPELINING (like me), I found a great
lay explanation at http://www.gordano.com/kb.htm?q=993.

Anyway, I wondering if this particular feature of ESMTP isn't simply too
often abused for the purpose of SPAM and too rarely used for what it is
legitimately intended for.

I do not use greylisting because we had too many issues with ALGX customers
but I am wondering if anyone has seen any benefit or detriment to disable
the feature anyway?

Regards,
KAM