[Mimedefang] best virus scanner

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:35:37 EST 2004

One supported by your OS is a good start.  The daemonised scanners
(sophie, trophie, clamd) have better performance than non-daemonised
ones, though FileScan is the exception I believe.

Otherwise, search the group archive, it's been discussed before.

> Can you scan within compressed files (.zip. tar.gz)?

AFAIK the latest version included some support for this, but mostly the
answer is no.

>  Does the version
> of virus software matter here?

Yes.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?