[Mimedefang] sa-learn and mimedefang 2-63

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Mar 25 11:23:19 EST 2004

You don't need to run spamd with mimedefang,
Mimedefang + SA it is already an embedded perl process.
You get no benefit from running spamd.
Read about how the bayes works on the sa wiki.spamassassin.org
Read about how to enable bayes in sa-mimedefang.cf.
You need these items:
use_bayes 1
auto_learn 1
#these set at what level you learn spam/ham, don't define them just use
the defaults thresholds for now.
#auto_learn_threshold_nonspam        0.3
#auto_learn_threshold_spam        9.5

Paul Sarlat said:
> Good morning,
> Excuse me but I speak english a little.
>
> I have installed spamassassin 2.63 with mimedefang 2.35 under a redhat 9.
>
> 1) I want to use sa-learn and its bayes files.
> Is there something to do in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf file ?
> Is there an howto file to do this
>
> 2) I want to use spamd (daemon) with my mimedefang filter. Do you have a
> howto file for this.
>
> Thank you for your informations

Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering
Montana State University-Bozeman,Montana