[Mimedefang] SA suddenly not catching spam

Fred mimedefang at freddyt.com
Wed Mar 24 23:06:55 EST 2004

Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:
> Hola!
>
> I'm testing a mimedefang2.39/spamassassin2.63 combnation for catching
> spam, which was working nicely last week - catching the vast majority
> of spam, and otherwise behaving as desired.
>
> Now, I'm suddenly getting results like 11 out of 207 messages which are
> clearly spam[0] being caught.

Spammers are smart and catch on to the default rules in SpamAssassin.  I am
part of a group who creates rules for SpamAssassin like Antivirus vendors
(daily updates).  The dev's of SpamAssassin have a hard time getting
releases out fast enough.  With the changes coming for 3.0, it won't take as
long to get updates out.  You can always check out our rules here:

Official links:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CustomRulesets

Mirror of many more rules:
http://www.merchantsoverseas.com/wwwroot/gorilla/rules.htm

User contributed SA Wiki
http://www.exit0.us/

The stock rules are well known and many spammers know how to avoid them!

Frederic Tarasevicius