[Mimedefang] Greylisting DB Problem

kamal kamalnee at cse.iitk.ac.in
Wed Mar 24 17:06:59 EST 2004

Same problem here. This happens because of concurrency. I wrote a test
program for two cases, with all the triplets being new and unique
1. 10000 mail delivery attempts, sequential, one after the other. Works
fine.
2. Five threads, each doing 2000 mail delivery attempts. A new
connection is established for each mail delivery attempt. In this case,
database stops to grow after a short time.
I couldn't figure out what is the problem, instead switched to
relaydelay implementation by Evan Harris.