[Mimedefang] SA suddenly not catching spam

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 24 16:49:27 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 12:05, Alex S Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 12:41, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 11:00, Justin wrote:
> > > On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:
> > >
> > > http://www.spamassassin.org/tests.html
> >
> > Duh. Ok that seems to be the case, and a definate reason not to have
> > site wide Bayesian filtering turned on. [And another reason for CanIT]
> > Turning off the site-wide Bayesian lines brought the scores in line with
> > the other side.
> >

> Sorry, I do not understand.  Why not use site-wide Bayesian filtering
> and how does site-wide scoring relate to this html link?

Ok here is what I think happened for me at least.. I didnt have enough
SPAM in my bayesian filter as the sa-learn --dump magic only showed 155
spam messages. I thought I had feed it a lot more but I think that it
had 'forgotten' some. I noticed that a lot of tests have a weight of 0
when Bayes is turned on so I think spamassassin was not giving it the
full weight it should.

However, since I have shown that I only know how to compile these things
and not set them up.. I am probably still on crack.