[Mimedefang] Block mail by subject

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Mar 24 14:23:36 EST 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 03/24/2004 01:17:29
PM:
> If you reject with an SMTP 5xx, you simply force the previous
> SMTP relay to do exactly the same thing.  Unless it is the
> first hop doing the scanning, all you have is the forged
> header information to construct the error reply, and PC's
> almost always use a relay.

And it's their own dang fault for passing along spam and/or viruses.  I
refuse to accept responsibility for other's problems.  I certainly have
(cause?) enough of my own!

At least modern viruses use their own SMTP engines to deliver directly,
avoiding the relay issue.  I wonder if they think this will provide better
luck in delivering the message without it being filtered.