[Mimedefang] Greylisting DB Problem

Hammond, Alan alan_hammond at co.clackamas.or.us
Wed Mar 24 13:30:49 EST 2004

I recently attempted to implement greylisting using pieces of code
posted by Jonas Eckerman and David Skoll. On the initial test the
database appeared to grow normally as new entries were added until
it reached a size of just over 5 Megs (3 days) at which point it
stopped growing and based on the log files new entries were not being
successfully added to the database.  On the second and third test the
database grew to a size of 1.3 Megs (1 day) where the same problem
occurred. My system is RH9 with 1 Gig of RAM using Mimedefang 2.39.

Any suggestions on what might be the cause or what I can look at to resolve
this would be appreciated.

Alan Hammond
Clackamas County Network Engineer