[Mimedefang] SA suddenly not catching spam

Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr gwen at reptiles.org
Wed Mar 24 13:23:07 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Justin wrote:
> Are the differences in scores the same as the difference in scores
> pre-defined in SA for use when the calling instance meets a certain
> requirement or requirements?  Ie network test are enabled, bayes is
> enabled, or bayes and network tests are enabled.  The heuristic tests pick
> different scores for 4 different scenarios.  If Bayes isn't enabled when
> calling from MD but it is when called with spamc then there will be a
> definite difference in scores.
>
> http://www.spamassassin.org/tests.html

I'm familiar with the scoring - and in both cases, bayes and network
scoring are enabled. Unfortunately the difference in scores is quite
inconsistant, and doesn't seem to reflect that type of difference.

> > Is anybody running with a spam threshold hovering around 1 or 2 ?
>
> Nope, or at least they shouldn't be.  The hueristic tests were run on the
> basis that 5 was the spam/ham threshold.  If you want to raise the scores
> to tag more spam, add more tests like network tests and bayes.

I have network tests and bayes enabled [and just went through the
process of rebuilding my bayes database, just to make sure that there
wasn't something odd in there].  The scores are still very, very low.

cheers!