[Mimedefang] SA suddenly not catching spam

Justin listuser at numbnuts.net
Wed Mar 24 13:00:59 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:

> Further poking about yesterday showed that SA alone seems to be handing
> out fairly reasonable scores, but SA in combination with MD is seeing
> hideously low scoring.  It doesn't look to me as though I've turned off
> any SA rules via MD - bayes, dns and rbl checks are all enabled - but
> even after a restart, I'm not having much luck here.

Are the differences in scores the same as the difference in scores
pre-defined in SA for use when the calling instance meets a certain
requirement or requirements?  Ie network test are enabled, bayes is
enabled, or bayes and network tests are enabled.  The heuristic tests pick
different scores for 4 different scenarios.  If Bayes isn't enabled when
calling from MD but it is when called with spamc then there will be a
definite difference in scores.

http://www.spamassassin.org/tests.html

> Is anybody running with a spam threshold hovering around 1 or 2 ?

Nope, or at least they shouldn't be.  The hueristic tests were run on the
basis that 5 was the spam/ham threshold.  If you want to raise the scores
to tag more spam, add more tests like network tests and bayes.

HTH
 Justin