[Mimedefang] SA suddenly not catching spam

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 24 12:40:27 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 10:04, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Try running SpamAssassin as the "defang" user with the same configuation
> file used by MIMEDefang.  There may be something in defang's home
> directory, Bayes data, etc. that could be causing the trouble.

At the moment there is only a
.razor/
.pyzor/

directory in there. Nothing looked too out of the place. I have turned
off all white listing and the bayesian learning in the sa-mimedefang.cf
line. I am going to see if that has any effect.. I found out that the
other server is using an old mimedefang but the latest spamassassin and
we get very different scores.

I am going to see if there is something else different between the two
boxes that is allowing the older mimedefang to catch things better (ie
does that admin have something in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter I dont
:)).