[Mimedefang] SA suddenly not catching spam

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 23 14:23:46 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 11:12, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:
> > > The one change that has been made on this system is the addition of
> > > puremessage -
> >
> > I bet that's the culprit.
>
> I'm willing to bet that it is - but I can't seem to figure out how it's
> the culprit ;> It's not running or enabled, which implies to me that
> something SA [or MD] calls has gotten tweaked... but the file mod dates
> all match to my original SA/MD install.
>
> Suggestions on where to look would be great.

Hmmm puremessage sticks it in /opt normally but I think can be put
elsewhere. What OS are you running? If you are running an RPM style
distro and want to check the integrity of the RPMS to see if something
got written over by puremessage (rpm -V mimedefang)

The other thing that can happen is if /opt is in the PATH somewhere then
puremessage perl might get called before the other perl.