[Mimedefang] SA suddenly not catching spam

Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr gwen at reptiles.org
Tue Mar 23 11:22:30 EST 2004

Hola!

I'm testing a mimedefang2.39/spamassassin2.63 combnation for catching
spam, which was working nicely last week - catching the vast majority
of spam, and otherwise behaving as desired.

Now, I'm suddenly getting results like 11 out of 207 messages which are
clearly spam[0] being caught.

I'm more than a bit disconcerted by this sudden change in performance. To
the best of my knowledge, nothing in the configuration has changed
between this week and last week - and all of the messages are being
seen by spamassassin.

The one change that has been made on this system is the addition of
puremessage - but it claims that it installs into its own tree, without
affecting your existing SA installation [if anybody can verify this, it'd
be apprepciated]

Bayesian filtering is enabled, but it doesn't seem to be tagging on most
of the incoming messages.

Any thoughts or hints would be very much appreciated - this sudden
change in performance is quit disconcerting.

[0] A standalone spamassassin installation caught all 207 with very high
values, no less.