[Mimedefang] MD 2.41 and Clamd socket

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Mon Mar 22 13:25:00 EST 2004

I just updated MD to 2.41 with SA 2.60 and ClamAV  67-1 on a FreeBSD 4.7 box.

I used to have MD run ClamAV but in the 2.41 the code for selecting the virus scanners is no longer in the mimedefang-filter so MD decides to use ClamD. But unfortunately error out with the following message:

Mar 22 13:02:11 dax mimedefang.pl[30262]: i2MI24AO030264: Could not connect to clamd daemon at /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock
Mar 22 13:02:18 dax mimedefang.pl[30262]: Problem running virus scanner: code=999, category=cannot-execute, action=tempfail

I found adding the line

$ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamav/clamd";

in mimedefang-filter below where I define the admin adress to solve this issue.

I'm not quite sure what is causing this but it may be a good condidate for the FAQ. I wrote shorty below.

-------

If the log shows the message  'Could not connect to clamd daemon at /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock'
Please enter

$ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamav/clamd";

near the top of your 'mimedefang-filter' file and force a reread of the filter. This seems to solve this issue, at leats on FreeBSD.

-------

Keep up the good work David!!!

Paul