[Mimedefang] Using more than one virus scan

Mathew Thomas mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Sun Mar 21 19:28:28 EST 2004

Hi,

We are currently using only one virus scanner, uvscan by McaFee on our mail gateways. I was wondering is it a good idea
to use another one along with the uvscan? I am thinking of using a freely available one like Clam Antivirus. Any other
suggestions?

How the additional virus scanner going to affect the CPU , mail delay, etc?

I have found that the bagle-q virus is slipping through uvscan, but someone claims that  Clam Antivirus can filter
bagle-q.

Thanks
Mathew