[Mimedefang] Attachment blocking regexp

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Sun Mar 21 09:49:18 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Masters" <rotis23 at yahoo.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 4:07 AM
Subject: [Mimedefang] Attachment blocking regexp

> We had a legitimate attachment blocked last week
> called "something.com and something.xls".

This is intentional in the suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients
filter found in MIMEDefang 2.38 and below.  In MIMEDefang 2.39, the regexp
in the filter was changed because so many people were complaining about that
exact problem.

    # Do not allow:
    # - CLSIDs  {foobarbaz}
    # - bad extensions (possibly with trailing dots) at end or
    #   followed by non-alphanum

became

    # Do not allow:
    # - CLSIDs  {foobarbaz}
    # - bad extensions (possibly with trailing dots) at end

Chris Myers
Networks By Design