[Mimedefang] Embedded Perl problems

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Mar 19 22:12:15 EST 2004

Josh Kelley said:

> I'm using the provided init script for Red Hat, so I can set the
> appropriate option in /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang to make the init script
> pass the -E option.
>
> I've confirmed that ps lists the children as "mimedefang-multiplexor"
> rather than "perl mimedefang.pl", which should mean that embedded Perl
> is enabled.
You should show this sort of command arguments when you run

ps axuww|grep mimedefang

/usr/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor -p
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.pid -E -m 4 -x 9 -U defang -i
30 -b 600 -W 1 -l -q 10 -s
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock

Notice the -E.
Verify that it had embedded support when it was compiled.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering