[Mimedefang] scanning archives -- was W32/Bagle.p at MM spreading as rar

Matthew Thomas mthomas at biocontrolsys.com
Thu Mar 18 11:05:21 EST 2004

> -----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Chris Masters

> Slightly OT!

> Anybody scannin inside rars?

For people working on code to scan inside of various archive types, I wish
that MIMEDefang allowed for having a separate list of badexts for archives.
I don't want to receive .exes as an attachment, but I need to get them
inside of .zips.  But I don't want to get .pifs either way.  I only know
enough perl to do some simple modifications.  I don't know if other people
could use this functionality, but it would very useful to me.  At present,
I've had to turn off scanning inside of zips.

Regards,
Matt