[Mimedefang] F-Risk Fprotd -how to use?

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Thu Mar 18 09:53:35 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steffen Kaiser" <skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] F-Risk Fprotd -how to use?

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, J.D. Bronson wrote:
>
> > I have f-protd running and can talk to it, but the configure on
mimedefang
> > does not see this program eventhough it is installed in the default
> > /usr/local/sbin ...
>
> You have to enable the demon variant manually:
>
> $Features{'Virus:FPROTD'}   = 1;
>
> Also make sure, your demon and MIMEDefang use the same ports:
>
> $FprotdHost = "127.0.0.1:10200";
>
> I do patch mimedefang.pl.

It's actually not necessary to patch mimedefang.pl.  Just set the $Features
and $FprotdHost variables in your filter.

MIMEDefang checks these variables and builds its list of available virus
scanners the first time you run message_contains_virus() [as of MIMEDefang
2.40, older versions check each time you call message_contains_virus()], so
you should set it in the globals section of your filter (the same place you
set AdminName, MaxMIMEParts, ...).

Chris Myers
Networks By Design