[Mimedefang] Errors from the MultiPlexor

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Mar 17 16:40:08 EST 2004

> I added the lines to the init file for Sendmail and the programs start
> and run.  Now the error that is showing up in my maillog is:

What lines to the init file for Sendmail?  Perhaps you really need to
install the MIMEDefang RH init file?

> I have been runnig Mimedefang for a while now and it was all working
> fine until I decided to rebuild my mail server.  I am running RH 9 with
> Sendmail-8.12.11 build from a tar ball.  I am also running
> Spamassassin-2.63 installed as a perl module and finally MIMEDefang-2.41
> built from a tar ball.

Holy Smokes Batman, that seems like a highly optimized site.config.m4 file.

You might want to start with something simpler and then optimize the
sendmail compilation AFTER you get things working.

You are also using FFR features of sendmail specifically with the milter.
FFR stands for For Future Release.  I know they recommend the
MILTER_ROOT_UNSAFE but perhaps this points to a problem where you are
running your milter as root instead of as a user defang for example.

Judging by the compiler switches I believe you have added, you should have
no problems extrapolating the sendmail and MIMEDefang installs I've written
at http://www.pccc.com/downloads/

You might also want to triple make sure you removed the RH sendmail and the
source obj files so that you aren't linking against the wrong lib for
sendmail and the milter.

Regards,
KAM