[Mimedefang] ramdisks on Linux

Mark Wiater mwiater at cablespeed.com
Wed Mar 17 10:11:11 EST 2004

Thanks John.

When you were there, did you measure performance when using a command
line scanner? Do you know if the performance benefit warrants the three
issues?

1. could be worth the effort depending on your findings above?

2. I'm using both trend command line and mcafee command line,

3. I've already got a script pulling the sigs from a central machine,
shouldn't be a problem to drop them on the ramdisk too.

Really curious about your findings,

Thanks

Mark