[Mimedefang] ramdisks on Linux

John Scully jscully at isupportisp.com
Tue Mar 16 22:26:45 EST 2004

You can get a huge performance boost by moving the mqueue to a ramdisk,
but to avoid the risk of messages being lost due to a reset add a
battery protected ramdisk card like those from Rocketcard.  They are
about $500 for a one gig card, $1,200 for a four gig.

If you want to test the performance gain before buying a card, and have
enough ram to spare try moving the mqueue to a normal linux ramdisk for
a day.

John