[Mimedefang] netsky.c passing MD-2.40 with clamav+uvscan

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Mar 16 22:10:24 EST 2004

Alan Lehman said:
>> What version of mcafee/clam are you using?
> vlnx 4.24.0
> clam-0.67-1
>
>> are you using clamscan or clamd or clamdscan?
> clamd
>
>> what are the scan switches you are using for them?
> I'm running pretty much default settings for everything. No command line
> switches.
You need these switches for uvscan/clamscan:

($Features{'Virus:NAI'} . " --noboot --mime --secure --allole $path
($Features{'Virus:CLAMAV'} . " -r --stdout --disable-summary --infected

You  need these options in clamd if you are running clamd to catch newer
encrypted virus's.
ScanMail
ScanArchive
ArchiveMaxRecursion 5
ArchiveMaxFiles 1000
ArchiveMaxFileSize 10M
ScanRAR
MaxDirectoryRecursion 3
StreamSaveToDisk

I run uvscan 2.4.20 and clamscan .65 or .67.
You should run .67 or some virus's will slip by, as per maintainer.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering