[Mimedefang] ramdisks on Linux

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Tue Mar 16 17:28:44 EST 2004

Yeah I was just shooting from the hip trying to find some other way to
remove as much I/O from my physical disks as possible.  I'm building a
pool of more-or-less "disposable" front-end filter servers.  If I could
move EVERYTHING of any significant I/O onto a ramdisk, I might be able
to get by with cheap/slow SATA drives, even for a machine with very high
load.

Are there any other directories I could consider running on a ramdisk?
Are there any "write-through" ramdisk options that might be sendmail
mqueue safe?

Thanks.

--Aaron