[Mimedefang] Re: users seeing strange text attachments??

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Tue Mar 16 11:15:38 EST 2004

At 09:01 AM 03/16/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, J.D. Bronson wrote:
>
> > So what is MIMEDefang doing that is making Pegasus unhappy?
> > any idea?
>
>Creating a multipart/mixed MIME message with a single plain/text part.
>No other mail reader that I'm aware of has difficulties with this.
>
> > Support from Pegasus is pathetic at best :( - no one ever replies to
> > questions at all.
>
>Well, compare the levels of support for MIMEDefang and Pegasus, and use
>that to decide which one to stop using... :-)

I have done some more thinking. When I add the boilerplate,
this is what is seen in the mailfile:

------------=_1079453194-3069-0

..Without the boilerplate this is what is in the mailfile:

So is it the boilerplate causing me grief?

append_text_boilerplate($entity, "\n** DISCLAIMER **\nPer Anti-Virus
Policy, this e-email has been scanned for viruses.\nScanned clean by F-PROT
ANTIVIRUS 4.4.0 - http://www.f-prot.com \n", 0);

}

Also if I set 'action_rebuild();' without using boilerplate...I see this
similar thing:

------------=_1079453543-3117-2

Does this offer more clues?

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA