[Mimedefang] Re: users seeing strange text attachments??

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Tue Mar 16 09:58:35 EST 2004

At 08:22 AM 03/16/2004, you wrote:
> > Here is what is in /var/mail BEFORE the user pop's the email. It shows as
> > an attachment (which consists of the whole message in a txt file) when
> > using Pegasus Email. My client (Eudora) does not show this. I have only
> > mangled personal information in this mailspool file:
>
> >  From jbronson at wixb.com Tue Mar 16 08:14:37 2004
>
>Is there really an extra space in front of the "From jbronson..."?
>
>Other than that, the mail message is fine.  It's a Pegasus bug.
>
>Regards,
>
>David.

That mail file example was virtually unchanged. So that space is there...
Well I will agree that its a pegasus bug, but before using MIMEDefang, it
was never noticed. I will need to find a way to get around this or return
back to standard sendmail. When not using MIMEDefang, the problem is never
present.

So what is MIMEDefang doing that is making Pegasus unhappy?
any idea?

Support from Pegasus is pathetic at best :( - no one ever replies to
questions at all.

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA

** DISCLAIMER **
Per Anti-Virus Policy, this e-email has been scanned for viruses.
Scanned clean by F-PROT ANTIVIRUS 4.4.0 - http://www.f-prot.com