[Mimedefang] Re: users seeing strange text attachments??

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Tue Mar 16 08:47:03 EST 2004

J.D. Bronson wrote:
> I really need some advice/help with this or I will have to stop using
> mimedefang. I dont understand why this is happening and whats causing
> it?
>

> After I installed 2.40 (first time installer)...I am now seeing
> (using some email clients) text attachments that are the exact same
> thing as in the
> body of the email! - My email client (Eudora) does not show this, but
> Pegasus does.

I've heard of this happening with Outlook, but it's a client bug that is
usually fixed by a restart.  Do you have access to the raw (undecoded)
message source?  If so, can you post (or provide a link to) a (small) sample
of one of the messages that is appearing this way?

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722