[Mimedefang] MD I/O intensive?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Mar 15 14:25:51 EST 2004

If it were my choice, I would increase the RAM as much as possible, use
3ware SATA RAID and RAM disks for MIMEDefang processing.  Also, I would try
and go for a Dual CPU Xeon before going to two boxes to avoid the excess
administrivia.

The bottleneck is typically your internet connection as MD is lightning fast
without the network tests enabled.

Define: Extremely Heavy Load in terms of how many emails per day avg.

Regards,
KAM