[Mimedefang] clamscan missing some virus's

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Mar 12 14:09:40 EST 2004

Dirk Mueller said:
> Hmm, thats fairly old.
Then what is new? That is the latest debian release,
and latest production is .67.
>> clamscan --mbox --no-summary --infected ./
>
> can you try ENTIRE_MESSAGE only?
>
> is it possible that by the time the mail was scanned first time, your
> clamav
> signature database wasn't up to date? Or rather, by the time you manually
> check, that there was an update inbetween?
I considered that.
I can save the output from the previous virus scans to the msg.0 if it is
detected as a virus by fprot or mcafee.
This will give me more information for troubleshooting.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering