[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang and AntiVirus Milter - Checked by Vexira DEMO version -

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Fri Mar 12 11:03:04 EST 2004

Chris Cameron wrote:
> Performance wise, would I be better off to run my AntiVirus through
> MIMEDefang, or to just use two milters?

That depends on how MD is able to call your antivirus program- it seems
that most can only be called as a command-line program, so running the
provided milter will probably speed things up a little.

However, by using the AV package's milter, you may not be able to
configure things as completely as you would with AV calls via
MIMEDefang.

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."