[Mimedefang] (Fwd) WARNING: API change in 3.0.0

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Mar 11 19:15:12 EST 2004

David, have you seen this yet?

I couldn't remember any mention of it on the list, and an archive
search didn't turn up anything either.

To:             	spamassassin-users at incubator.apache.org
Subject:        	WARNING: API change in 3.0.0
From:           	jm at jmason.org (Justin Mason)
Date sent:      	Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:11:03 -0800

This is a heads-up for people using the Mail::SpamAssassin modules
directly (such as the amavisd and MailScanner folks).

We're talking about changing the API for 3.0.0, and in fact have already
made one major change to message parsing -- the NoMailAudit module is
gone, there's a new message class entirely.

If you have any comments on the new APIs as are in current SVN trunk,
please let us know; you guys are the main groups using the APIs outside
of our own distro and feedback is welcome ;)

(please feel free to fwd to other interested parties btw.)

--j.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager