[Mimedefang] Authentication warnings and "cannot write" errors

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Mar 11 18:21:32 EST 2004

On 3/12/04 6:23 AM, "Cormack, Ken" <kcormack at acs.roadway.com> wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> Poking through my maillog, I'm seeing log entries that appear below.  As I
> read mimedefang.pl, there are a few places where it looks like MIMEDefang is
> originating new messages, and sending them, addressed from the defang user,
> using the "-f" switch for sendmail.
>
> In which case, it is failing to write the message to my /var/spool/mqueue
> directory, which has the following perms:
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root     mail       299008 Mar 11 16:20 mqueue
>
> Should I make the "defang" user a member of group "mail", and open up write
> privalegdes to the group, on the mqueue directory?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Ken

...snip...

Ken,

  The notifications generated by MIMEDefang should be going thru your
submission queue runner, and thus using /var/spool/clientmqueue.

you should confirm the existence of that directory and the permissions and
make sure you have a submission queue running.  I think the default is 1hour
and I set mine for 5mins.  (on redhat, this is configurable in
/etc/sysconfig/sendmail)

anyways, i'd guess it's SOMEthing related to the /var/spool/clientmqueue
directory.

HTH

alan