[Mimedefang] clamscan missing some virus's

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Wed Mar 10 22:22:41 EST 2004

I am currently using filescan/clamscan/fprot/mcafee virus scanners. On
virus's that get missed by clamscan, i get notified, and then I report the
virus to clamav for inclusion.
I have been seeing 2-4 virus's slip by per day.
This is on a volume of 200-300 virus's per day.

These virus's are quarantined.
When I run a manual scan, with the same options, it appears to pick them up.

Any ideas, why it could be missing the virus's?
Or what I could do to troubleshoot?

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering