[Mimedefang] Replace with URL

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Mar 10 09:40:12 EST 2004

Jon,

A place to start would be to install and run the file through UUDeview (or
possibly something like mutt) and extract any attachments.

http://www.fpx.de/fp/Software/UUDeview/

Regards,
KAM

> We recently changed the logic in our filter so that when we get a suspect
file type that passed OK through the AV scans, it is replaced with a URL.
However, we have been getting complaints that some (actually, many) of the
replaced attachments are encoded, and when the user accesses the replaced
file, they get a "useless" encoded file.

> Is there any way around this problem, such that they user does not have to
manually decode the suspect attachment before it is usable?