[Mimedefang] Side effect of stream_by_recipient

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Wed Mar 10 05:14:02 EST 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:28:29 -0000 , in local.mimedefang you wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Jim Hatfield wrote:
>
>> Then what I want to do is to call action_bounce if there are no
>> recipients left. But how can I do that if delete_recipient doesn't
>> change the Recipients array?
>
>You need to do your own book-keeping.  You could (for example) keep a
>count of the original number of recipients and decrement it each time
>you delete one.  If it goes down to zero, then bounce.

I think my desire to bounce comes from a desire for the spammers to
know that the mail hasn't got through. As if they care. On reflection
it seems irresponsible to force an upstream relay to generate an
uneccessary message to some innocent who's had their address forged.

Plus, simply calling delete_recipient appears to work as one would
expect: if there are no recipients left the message is discarded.

Jim