[Mimedefang] OT: Blocking because of MX to 127.0.0.1

Network Guy netguy at sound-networking.com
Tue Mar 9 21:55:44 EST 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Joseph Brennan wrote:

> > Our solution was to block incoming connections from 127.0.0.1 on the
> > servers.  Is there ever a need to accept TCP connections from localhost
> > for mail?
>

> Yes.  That's how the sendmail daemon gets mail from local processes.
[snip]

Aaaa, block ALL incoming unroutable IP addys at the router.  You should
not permit an IP from the 192.168.. 10... ( can't remember that other one
just now ) and 127.0.0.1.  I do know of an ISP in my area that does route
'local' IP's and permits customers to do so also.  Geesh..and they have a
/19