[Mimedefang] OT: Blocking because of MX to 127.0.0.1

John john at jjgb.com
Tue Mar 9 12:59:16 EST 2004

At 09:19 AM 3/9/2004, you wrote:
<snip>
>>I can't email anyone at SBC as the mail bounces back because my lowest
>>pref MX record points to localhost.
>>
>>Has anyone else seen ISP's who block because of this?
>>
>>Are they being stupid or am I?
>>
>>   -Ben
>

>We've received spam from domains that mx to 127.0.0.1 and if I see
>much more of it, I'd like to do just what that ISP is doing, to get
>the clutter out of our mail queues.

Not only that, when they do get queued, they give "Mail loops back to me"
config errors!  What a pisser!!!

>Joseph Brennan
>Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
>Columbia University in the City of New York

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003