[Mimedefang] Issues with MD 2.40

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue Mar 9 11:14:51 EST 2004

Just installed 2.40 and ran into a couple of issues.

1. With perl 5.005, "use warnings" causes a problem and mimedefang
won't run.  Commenting that line out *seems* to work, but it it
needed for anything?  (I know, I know, I should just bite the bullet
and upgrade to 5.6.1).

2. Has the functionality of send_quarantine_notifications changed?  I
had carefully altered my filter so it would only be called under
certain specific circumstances.  After upgrading to 2.40 I'm seeing
quarantine notifications for every quarantined message, even though I
haven't changed my filter and send_quarantine_notifications isn't
being called!  I didn't see anything obvious on first perusal, but
I'll have a look and see if I can spot the change.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.