[Mimedefang] OT: Blocking because of MX to 127.0.0.1

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Mar 9 09:57:01 EST 2004

One of the US ISP (Ameritech - now SBC) blocks mail if one of the MX records
points to 127.0.0.1 (which as you know, some people do to have fun with the
spammers who get blocked at the primary mail hub - so they send them to la la
land on the next preference record up the stack.)

I can't email anyone at SBC as the mail bounces back because my lowest pref MX
record points to localhost.

Has anyone else seen ISP's who block because of this?

Are they being stupid or am I?

  -Ben