SOLUTION: Re: [Mimedefang] problem in installing MIMEDEFANG on Solaris 9:-(.Urgent help

manishankar pandey manishankarp78 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 09:41:42 EST 2004

Hi All,

I was able to overcome problem of installation of perl
module...

As this installation was on solaris which don't come
with compiler , so one need to tweak something...

After Perl ver 5.8 is installed & gc-3.3.3 is there on
Solaris then

# perl Makefile.PL

after this edit the resulting "Makefile"
KPIC to fPIC
and if anywhere u find 'xdepend' change it to '-xc'
and '-x03' to '03' then try
#make

It will work ..

Ok then ..thanks alot to all those who replied ..

I may need your help after installing perl Module..

Any suggestion about "spamassasin" and later part of
MIMEDEFANG installation then guide me pl..

With best regards,
Mani