[Mimedefang] bounce and send at the same time?

Murat Isik muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Tue Mar 9 06:31:17 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem for which I suppose mimedefang could bring a solution. I am
using fedora core 1 , mimedefabg 2.39.

I have a mail account on my redhat box to which I pop3 from various places
and I need to know to whom I send mail. So is there a way to set the
mimedefang to both bounce my mails back to me while also sending them out?

It is like:

my mail is murat at murat.com . whever mimedefang has a mail from this local
account to send out it should also either send a copy to muratnew at murat.com
or simply bounce it back to murat at murat.com and also send it out to its
proper recipient.

Can mimedefang do this?

I know how to catch a sender before filter_begin() :

sub filter_recipient {
     my ($recipient, $sender, $ip, $hostname, $first, $helo,
            $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;
          if ($sender=~ /^<?murat\@murat\.com>?$/i) {

                   # do something
          }

}

How can I use this to keep a copy of my outgoing mail?

Have a nice day.

Murat Isik