[Mimedefang] RPM requirements

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon Mar 8 17:57:44 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 12:00 -0700, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:
> >The perl-Unix-Syslog and perl-Archive-Zip dependencies aren't strictly
> >required; they are optional.  However, RPM has no way to express this.
> >

> Hmmm I will see if a %ifdef can do this.. I need this anyway for perl
> 5.6 versus 5.8. using MIME-Base64 RPM with perl-5.8 caused some
> regression for me.

If I'm not mistaken, Archive::Zip can be detected at run time so it
really doesn't need to be a Requires for MIMEDefang at all.  Really fits
more in the 'desired' or 'is helpful if it's installed' category, which
RPM doesn't have the ability to deal with.  Of course, having it in the
Requires is helpful for things like apt or yum so it gets installed
automagically with mimedefang.

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>