[Mimedefang] add to sa score for clients that only give hostname in helo.

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Mon Mar 8 15:19:33 EST 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:

>> ...but you could set a global variable in filter_relay to reflect
>> whether or not it only has a hostname component, then act on it where you
>> can run action_change_header, change the SA score, etc.

> No, you couldn't. :-)
>
> Please see GLOBAL VARIABLE LIFETIME in mimedefang-filter(5).

So if I create a global variable up top with 'use vars' or whatever, then
_set_ it in filter_relay to the value of $helo, it won't be available in
filter_begin or end?  I have not read GLOBAL VARIABLE LIFETIME (lately),
but I will now.

Mind you I have no need for anything like this, and I would certainly
just use $Helo instead if I did, but just so I know what's going on
with MD... I just set this in my filter and it seems to be working, is
something going to happen in the future that'll bite me in the arce?

> Besides, all the info you need is already available in filter_begin
> (in $Helo, $RelayName and $RelayAddr).

I'll be dipped.  I knew about the Relay ones, but not $Helo...  Thanks.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA