[Mimedefang] survey: dropping password protected file

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 5 12:24:44 EST 2004

--On Friday, March 5, 2004 11:10 AM -0500 Paul Whittney
<pwhittney at net.bacconsulting.com> wrote:

> I can see a point where the emails come in saying:
> "You need to run the file we have sent, please save this file to disk,
> rename setup.txt to setup.zip, double click on it, enter the password
> 12345, and run setup.exe".

Same here.

One of my senior colleagues here, Frank da Cruz, told me he opposed
MIME at IETF when it was proposed.  He told them it was bad to use
mail for file transfer.  The big wheel is coming around, isn't it?

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York